Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Paris the cartoon superhero?


LET'S don't anybody say Paris Hilton is a flash in the pen. Let's don't even mutter about this Feline Felon flam ing out. The child is only beginning. Stan Lee, who brought you "Spider-Man," who brought us "X Men," who brought mankind "The Incredible Hulk," who brought himself millions, who is now bringing "Superhero" to the Sci Fi Network 9 p.m. Thursdays, is poised to bring us Miss Paris Hilton Herself.

"I have a first-look deal with Disney," Stan told me. "That means I don't know who'll be behind this until I at least show them the finished product and see how they feel. But the plan is to make an animated cartoon show with her on TV. A hip comedy in the superhero comedy-adventure genre. We get on very well. This is a charming, very likable person. Sophisticated. Great comedic sense. A fine voice. And seriously hard-working. Totally unlike whatever the public is led to believe. And she has input. She attends every meeting. What we plan to do is truly tasteful.

"I'm doing a few of these kinds of shows. I'm working with Ringo Starr for a similar idea. I've told him I'll make him famous."

Stan Lee had the good sense to wait for the laugh. Then:

"And I'm planning another with Hugh Hefner. Actually, he's not a sybarite. In my hands, he'll come off as America's greatest secret agent."

The laugh might have been shorter, but Stan Lee's credit line has definitely grown longer.

Anyway, "Who Wants To Be a Superhero" did six episodes last season. It has a Go for eight this season. And that's even before Paris starts burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment