Saturday, August 18, 2007

Paris Hilton's Fashion Launch Causes L.A. Chaos

Police and city workers were called in to handle the crowd and a lane of traffic was closed as Paris Hilton unveiled her clothing line Thursday at a trendy boutique.

The heiress, author, singer, perfume designer and reality-TV star unveiled the line at Kitson, a boutique known for its celebrity clientele. The lane was closed for pedestrians' safety, a city spokesman said.



Clad in a gold sequin mini-dress, Hilton, 26, emerged from a black SUV to a throng of fans who spilled into the street.

"It's a dream come true to have my own clothing line," she said.

"It's just Paris style: fun, bright and flashy."

The collection, which Hilton described as "really comfortable" and "really affordable," includes shoes, T-shirts and jeans.

Hilton said she spent a year submitting and approving designs. "It's just from my closet to their closets," she said.

The heiress also discussed other newsy matters in her life: her pregnant pal, Nicole Richie ("She's going to be a great mom," Hilton said), and the pending sale of her Hollywood Hills home.

"I'm going to miss my house because I love it. I really designed it to be my perfect taste," she said.

"But too many people know where I live and I'd rather be in a gated community."

No comments:

Post a Comment