Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lindsay Lohan tells magazine: 'I hit rock bottom'


US actress Lindsay Lohan admitted in an interview with a celebrity weekly that she had reached the lowest point in her career, after her July arrest for drunk driving and cocaine possession.

"I hit rock bottom," Lohan, 21, told OK!. Excerpts of the interview were released Tuesday, ahead of the magazine's publication on Thursday.

Lohan, who starred in "The Last Show," "Mean Girls" and "Freaky Friday," was arrested July 24 in Santa Monica, California, for drunk driving and possession of cocaine.

She pleaded guilty to the charges and was sentenced to one day in jail, 10 hours of community work, and three years probation.

In early August Lohan checked into the exclusive Cirque Lodge Treatment Center in the state of Utah for a two-month detoxification program.

"It was a sobering experience," Lohan told the magazine in her first interview since leaving the center.

"It made me look at myself and all the people, places and things in my life in a different way."

Entertainment Weekly in August quoted anonymous Hollywood film directors as saying the incident had, in effect, "killed" Lohan's movie career -- but the starlet said she would be going back to Los Angeles to shoot a movie titled "Dare to Love Me."

"I'm here to stay," she said. "My talent is a gift and I'm going to use it."

"But I plan on returning to Utah so I can stay focused and avoid other distractions," she said.

Alcohol sales are banned in Utah, an overwhelmingly Mormon state.

"Temptation is always there, but now I'll avoid it the right way," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment