Thursday, August 2, 2007

Nicole Richie confirms pregnancy


A month after Simple Life co-star Paris Hilton's post-jail PR blitz, Nicole Richie is on a media tour of her own this week, with interviews in OK! magazine and with ABC News' Diane Sawyer. The daughter of singer Lionel Richie and girlfriend of Good Charlotte's Joel Madden, 28, confirms she is pregnant. Richie, 25, also talks about her sentencing last week on a DUI charge to four days in jail, a $2,048 fine, three years of probation and a drug and alcohol course. Highlights:

•Her pregnancy. "I'm almost four months." (ABC News)

•The past year. "I don't consider it one of the worst. I think this was a blessing in disguise. This year has been full of lessons learned and soul-searching. … I will be really happy once I have done my jail time. I can start fresh." (OK!)

•Her guilty plea. "I have a responsibility and it's something that I did wrong, and if I could personally apologize to every single person who has lost a loved one from drunk driving, I would. Unfortunately, I can't, but this is my way of paying my dues and taking responsibility and being an adult." (ABC News)

•Feeling remorse. "I was watching CNN about a month ago, and they happened to be talking about young people driving under the influence. They were flashing little kids (on the screen) who were killed by drunk drivers, and it broke my heart. It was a big wake-up call." (OK!)

No comments:

Post a Comment